Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Config.xml, <Parameter> settings?  (Read 9987 times)
David H.

« on: April 04, 2008, 12:22:51 pm »

Hi,

Are the values that can be defined in the <Parameters> section of config.xml documented anywhere? I can work these out by setting each individual value and looking in config.xml, but it would be nice to just look them up somewhere.

For background, when deploying GDC we install centrally to a UNC and use a script to precompile a template config.xml for the connections etc. I'd also like to supply parameters like "userImagePath" in here too...

I've had a look through the doc but could not find anything obvious...

TIA,

David

Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:28:43 pm »

Hi,

Are the values that can be defined in the <Parameters> section of config.xml documented anywhere? I can work these out by setting each individual value and looking in config.xml, but it would be nice to just look them up somewhere.

For background, when deploying GDC we install centrally to a UNC and use a script to precompile a template config.xml for the connections etc. I'd also like to supply parameters like "userImagePath" in here too...

I've had a look through the doc but could not find anything obvious...

TIA,

David

Actually, this is not documented. The reason is (for us) quite simple: this is considered as internal and we would like to be free to modify them when needed (as well as the shorcut definition).
You may argue that "documented" does not mean "can never change", and I'll agree, but - unfortunately - we often faced the situation that a documented point must be unchanged for compatibility, the reason was "you Four J's documented it, so it must stay as it is".

By the way, this file is not a configuration file in the same meaning as AS.XCF file, we don't expect you to modify it manually.

Last point: as you probably know, we're moving GDC from Qt3 to Qt4, and this implied lots of internal changes, this part has been rewritten and the config.xml format has therefore changed. The new GDC should be able to import an old config.xml file, but the other way will not be possible.

I can nevertheless give you the current fields that are used in 2.1X:

Code
  1. ReportFontString
  2. ReportPrinterString
  3. ReportPrinterType
  4. ReportFontType
  5. securityLevel
  6. userImagePath
  7. icon
  8. pingTimeout
  9. WantMonitorButtonIcon
  10. WantDialogButtonIcon
  11. WantMonitorButtonAutoRaised
  12. WantDialogButtonAutoRaised

The name is pretty obvious, the format too (maybe except for the Font serialization). If not, we can continue this thread :).
HIH,
Pierre-Nicolas
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: