Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: TAPI  (Read 8291 times)
Gerhard N.

« on: March 15, 2013, 08:57:44 am »

One of our customers wants to know if we can implement a TAPI-application:
As soon as they receive a customer-call, the program should check the telephone-number
and pop up specific customer details on the affected client computer.

Does anyone have experience with this subject?

Thank you in advance,
Gerhard Neu

Phone: +43 732 750951-12 | Fax: +43 1 32950-171
Mobile: +43 664 80466 8065
gerhard.neu@softwareag.com

Software GmbH Österreich
Ein Unternehmen der Software AG Gruppe
Guglgasse 7-9 | 1030 Wien | Austria
FN 51 421 w | Handelsgericht Wien
www.softwareag.com
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 12:13:23 pm »

Hi Gerhard,

One of my customers does something similar.  I searched my mail archives to see if they were using TAPI but instead found a number of posts in the old genero customers mailing list (the predecessor to the forum) where TAPI was mentioned wayback in 2004/2005 if some of those customers are still around they may share their experience.

With my customer, very similar requirement to yours, call comes in, screen launched with details required for the call.  I think the key issues was where did the phone app communicate to the Genero program and who initiated the interface.  Was it via the back-end server, or via the front-end client i.e the GDC, and did the phone system initiate the interface or did the Genero app initiate the interface.

Ours was via the front-end and so had a front-call extension for the GDC to communicate with the phone system, the sticky point being that the GDC had to initiate the interface rather than the phone system initiating the interface.  If I was doing that again today, I'd look more closer at GDC short-cuts, and the .gdc file, and perhaps have the phone system execute gdc passing in the phone number used as part of the -C option or a .gdc file created.

Hope that helps,

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: