Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: GDC install on Mac osX  (Read 19756 times)
Lloyd B.

« on: April 05, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »

I have Mac osX 10.6.7
I downloaded and installed GDC 2.22.06
GDC will open but without any options.  I need it to open so I can edit and add the Telnet to an IP address options.

I tried creating a applescript to pass the -a -D option so I would be able to run the GDC with these rights but the script is not working.

I have in my applescript:
-------------------------------------------------------
tell application "gdc"
   do script with command "-a -D"

end tell
-------------------------------------------------------

But when I try to compile or run, it errors out and says:
Syntax Error
Expected end of line but found “script”.

Are there any other script commands I can try to run to pass the -a -D option to the application GDC?
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »

Hi Lloyd,

Please have a look at GDC documentation, "Command Line":

https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gdc-manual-html/User/CmdLine.html#CmdList

At the end, there is a small hint:

Using the following Apple Script : do shell script "./Applications/gdc.app/Contents/MacOS/gdc <command line>"

To be honest this line is there for a long time and I'm not sure it still works in 10.6, but I presume this is simple enough to be compatible.
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 04:53:23 pm »

It still works:-)
Kind Regards, Leo
Lloyd B.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:07:31 pm »

Thanks, I got it to run in Terminal.  One other question I have is:  Do you have a link where I can download GDC 2.11.05 for Mac osX?
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:12 pm »

The question is, what is the problem with 2.22 ? and why are not downloading 2.30 ? 2.11 is no more downloadable.
We always recommend installing the latest released version because it contains the latest bug fixes and the broadest number of tests applied on it.
Kind Regards, Leo
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »

Thanks, I got it to run in Terminal.  One other question I have is:  Do you have a link where I can download GDC 2.11.05 for Mac osX?

I second Leo: since version 2.21, GDC is backward compatible with FGL 2.11 and above, so using the latest version is most of the time a good idea.

Anyway, in case you really need to download the latest 2.11, you'll have to contact your support center who will handle your request.
Lloyd B.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 05:38:25 pm »

Thank you, I have it working now.  I was not familiar with this new version.  I have been using 2.11 on windows for a while now and 2.22 config looked different, but I figured it out.  If I install 2.30 over 2.22 will the settings be saved or will I have to re-configure?
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 05:52:53 pm »

Good question, I believe the Mac installer leaves config.xml intact.
But it might be a good idea to save /Applications/gdc/bin/gdc.app/Contents/etc/config.xml to another place before trying that out:-)
Putting the file back after install should work.
Alternatively you can edit the shortcut of interest ,enable "Store shortcut in settings" on the 1st wizard page and save it.
Then GDC puts the information in "~/Library/Preferences/com.four-js.Genero Desktop Client.plist" and it survives the install too.
HTH and Kind Regards, Leo
Lloyd B.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:44:38 pm »

Thanks for all your help!  Hopefully this will be my last question.  I am looking through the online manual of the GDC but can't find the Connection strings.  I need help with them.  I am using GDC to connect through telnet.  I tried using
order1:    password:              Send the password
order2:    last login:               Execute the host command
order3:    c:\documents         execute the host command

When I start my connection it brings up the terminal (because I chose to "show terminal") it shows the following: see attached picture

* Screen shot 2011-04-05 at 1.42.27 PM.png (17.3 KB, 467x296 - viewed 2089 times.)

* Screen shot 2011-04-05 at 1.41.08 PM.png (63.45 KB, 710x673 - viewed 2085 times.)
Four Js

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »

The documentation is here:

https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gdc-manual-html/User/ShWizard.html#ConnectionStrings

without more details, it will be difficult to help, I would advice to contact your support center, and provide directly all configuration options (get config.xml placed where Leo described above, or export the specific shortcut if you moved to 2.30) and configuration details (exact version).

If you're running 2.30, you can also register a log file (see https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gdc-manual-html/User/DebugPanel.html#Record ) and provide it to your support center: it contains some debug traces regarding the connection (no sensible data like password).

Be also sure there is no credential issue - you can for instance try with telnet command line - I know configuring telnet server on windows can quickly be tricky (btw, already looked at WinSSHd for something more secured ?)

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Nicolas
Lloyd B.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 10:13:54 pm »

FYI: I downloaded and installed 2.30 and it installed over 2.22.  I didn't have to change or re-configure anything.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: