Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Libfgl.42x?  (Read 10927 times)
David H.

« on: November 03, 2010, 11:51:45 am »

I was in the process of testing our dev environment with v2.21.10. Programs failed to link with the new version as we were referring to libfgl.42x. Presumably we had a need to to this at some point, but I can't recall why now... I see the file was present in v2.11.xx and earlier versions but seems to have disappeared from v2.2x. Is the file not needed any more?
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:05:04 pm »

Hello David,
Beside the libfgl.42x issue (you should contact the support for this), may I suggest that you use 2.30 instead of 2.21?
If you decide to upgrade from 2.11, why not using the last release (2.30)?
Seb
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 08:33:27 pm »

I'll second Seb's comment, if you are setting up a dev environment for the next release of your product, you ought to be considering 2.30.

If you are worried about being on the bleeding edge, rather than the leading edge, a lot of the new stuff with 2.30 is additional to the product (Drag & Drop, Web Components, Silverlight, iPhone etc), rather than modifying existing code that occured with 2.10 (with its rewriting of the dialog statements) and 2.20 (the upgrade in the Qt version underneath the GDC).

To answer your original question, I'm not sure why it didn't get documented in the Migration Issues section of the documentation, but you'll find the answer in $FGLDIR/release/changes.txt, just search on libfgl.42x in that file

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
David H.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:22:13 am »

Hi Seb,Reuben.

I do agree about v2.30 and would love to be using it but can't install it on a network drive due to #17853. I also can't use the work around (https://4js.com/en/support/faq/index.php?c=39#440) as the file server runs NT4! Before you mention it I am of course aware NT4 is not supported any more, but the server is merely hosting the files via a share. So unless someone can confirm its safe to install it to a workstation and then manually copy it over to the share then I have to wait for the bugfix before I can roll it out to our standard development environment where we switch between multiple BDL and Genero V1 and V2 versions.

Thanks for the heads up re: changes.txt.

David
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:36:41 am »

David,

You don't use 2.30 because of an installer bug? This is not acceptable...
Please contact your support for help.
This has to be solved ASAP to let you use 2.30.

We are checking the libfgl.42x issue...

Seb
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 11:42:18 am »

David,

I did not realize that you are still using an NT4 server... This platform is de-supported for a while....
We'll try to help you, but you should consider to upgrade your operating system.

Seb
David H.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 01:58:01 pm »

Hi Seb,

Our local support center are aware we have this issue. Again I'd love to switch away from the NT4 server but its going to take time to plan and make that move and I don't have a candidate server to relocate it to yet either! For the time being I'll carry on with 2.21x...
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 03:37:18 pm »

David,

Regarding the libfgl.42x issue, you do not have to list this library in you link commands, it was loaded automatically before 2.21.

Please consider using 2.30: 2.21 is a frozen branch and will only get blocking bug fixes.

Seb
David H.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 04:57:04 pm »

RE: 2.21.10.

FYI we just noticed that the following SQL compiles ok crashes with a runtime error.

Code
  2. SELECT comm_key
  3.      INTO tari_rec.comm_key
  4.      FROM tari
  5.     WHERE tran_key = tran_arr[1]
  6.       AND tari_key = prod_rec.tari_key

where tran_arr is defined as:-
Code
  2. tran_arr              ARRAY[30] OF RECORD    
  3.                                 comp_key CHAR (30)  
  4.                             END RECORD,

The error generated is:-
FORMS statement error number -6327.
Internal error in the run time library file fglsql.c(1483):
f->type->ftType <= T_money || (f->type->ftType >= T_boolean && f->type->ftType <= T_bigint).

Obviously this was a typo on our part, the SQL should have used tran_arr[1].comp_key. I would have expected the compiler to notice this at compile time though...?

Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 05:22:46 pm »

Yes, I could reproduce...
But it's a different issue not related to this topic.
Please could you send this to support@4js.com?
Seb
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: