Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: FLM install problem on RedHat ES5  (Read 6588 times)

« on: May 11, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »

Hi,

I've reported this through Gerrit in the UK but have some more information.

Trying to install the latest version of the licence manager onto a new RedHat Enterprise Server 5.4 x86 64bit server,
and it fails on checking the version of gzip just installed by the script.

This fails at: Checking extracted gzip binary version

We did think it might be trying to use the older (but latest on RedHat) version of gzip, however I've now checked by putting in a check within the .run file which drops me out to the shell just before the check and I can see that gzip is installed into the temporary directory.

If I do 'file gzip' it tells me 'data' rather than executable.

The file I have downloaded from the 4JS website is:
fjs-flm-5.12.09-build1237-l64xl23.run

I've now also checked this with studio install as well and it does exactly the same thing, so I'm now wondering if there is something a bit wierd and wonderful on my server or is there some issue?

Does anyone else have RedHat V5.4 and install ok?

Thanks

Jeff
Olivier E.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:28:16 pm »

Hello Jeff,

I have a brand new RedHat 5.4 64bit installation. Four J's UK support team gave me the information about your issue.

I confirm that I have no problem to install any 32 or 64bit Four J's package on this OS.

I sent all elements to Four J's UK support team to find the solution of your issue.

Does any other customer encountered such problem on RedHat 5.4 64bit please ?

Regards,

Olivier ECKERT - Four J's Support

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:30:36 pm »

Thanks Olivier for the response. All fixed.

Once I knew it wasn't the packages I was able to hastle Rackspace and they've now confirmed that for security reasons they lock down /tmp with noexec. Natually this doesn't fit very well with the install scripts.

I've now remounted /tmp (using 'mount -o remount,exec /tmp'    with remount,noexec being the reverse)

This has now resolved my problems but thought I should post back incase anyone else has a similar issue, especially with a hosted server.

Thanks for the help

Jeff McFee
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: