Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Studio, Windows 7, gdc local, fglrun on server - problem?  (Read 10278 times)
Bryce S.

« on: April 30, 2010, 01:33:04 am »

Hi, I have a problem getting the following setup to run any programs from within Studio 2.21.06

Operating system is Windows 7 Professional (64bit).
The GDC is installed and run locally.
Programs are run from the server (a windows server but that shouldn't matter?), as in fglrun is on the server.

When I run a program in Studio it says (for example, where program name is 'lhm11x'):

*** Running 'lhm11x' ***
*** Execution of 'lhm11x' finished. Exit code: 0 ***

But no GDC interface windows open.
Debugs show no code ran.
Network monitor show tcp communciation back and forth (no idea what was said however).

If everything is installed local to this pc then it runs fine, its only when programs are run from the server there is a problem.
Four other machines have exactly the same configuration, except for being Windows XP, and they run fine.

It is connecting using TCP (can't use SSH as no way to specify the required credentials and certificate like when just running in the gdc).
Firewall has rule to allow all traffic inbound or outbound.
Have domain administrator permissions.
Can run same programs directly in the GDC (over ssh) no problem.

Has anyone else had problems with a similar configuration, or have any ideas or tips?

Thanks
  Bryce Stenberg.

Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:44:34 am »

Before anyone says this is a support issue, I have already been on site and seen this occur.

There is approximately ten seconds between the output of the two lines ...

*** Running 'lhm11x' ***
*** Execution of 'lhm11x' finished. Exit code: 0 ***

We put code immediately after the MAIN that told us the program was not being executed.  (RUN "set > filename"), and changed the DATABASE to a SCHEMA so that it didn't initiate connection to a database when MAIN was executed.  On a Linux/Unix box I would simply edit $FGLDIR/bin/fglrun in order to tell if it was being executed, and then work backwards or forwards from there.

Bryce, are you able to create a .exe you could temporarily substitute for FGLDIR/bin/fglrun.exe that dumps the arguments that are passed to it to a file.  If that gets executed, then we need to investigate environment/parameters etc, if it doesn't get executed then we need to look at communication to/from the genero studio server process running on the server and see what it is doing.

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Bryce S.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:31:04 am »

Ok, got this one solved.

Thanks to Reuben who found my problem.

My GDC settings were not quite right, I had my 'type' as local but had pointed to the server for 'host'  (doh! not quite sure how I got it set to this but all good now it says my local pc name - so setup was not exactly the same as the other machines it turns out).

Regards,
 Bryce.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: