Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: gdc.exe problem  (Read 10802 times)
Candida F.

« on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:19 am »

hi everyone,

i'm not sure that this is a gdc issue, but maybe some of you have had a similar problem and can help.

a few users have reported that while working on our application sometimes is displayed a message error refering that gdc.exe has encountered a problem (see attachment) and then the program closes and they have to restart it. i've tried to do the exact same steps the user did but couldn't figure out why it happens with him and not with me. the weird thing is that even in that user it only happens when searching a particular information such as a particular invoice or document. when he searches for another document doing exactly the same procedure, no error is displayed.

has anyone had this problem?

thanks,
Candida

* gdc_exe problem.jpg (12.21 KB, 280x178 - viewed 1853 times.)
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:34:46 am »

Hi,

this is a typical GDC crash, but without any information it will be difficult to help you.

I would suggest you to contact your support center and to give them:
- GDC version, platform
- FGL version, platform
- small test case reproducing the problem, or a log file which reproduces the crash
- connection information (shortcut, command line...)

If it's not already done, I would also suggest to upgrade to the latest version of GDC which contains lots of fixes (your crash may already been fixed)

This should help us fixing this issues in the quickest way.
Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:17:54 am »

Hi,

I'll add that when something works for one person and not another, the cause tends to be associated with Stored Settings.  So when you have found a particular set of actions that you can reproduce over and over for 1 user that cause the GDC to crash,  when you restart the GDC, disable the stored settings, and see if it still crashes.

This will typically explain why it will crash for one person and not the other.  It may explain why it crashes when looking at one invoice and not the other.  You may find that one invoice displays more than a screen full of info and the other doesn't, or the first row of the invoice in the display array is visible when the stored settings sort order is taken into account, whilst for the invoice that crashed you may find that the first row isn't visible using the stored settngs sort order.

Also even though it is the GDC crashing, it maybe crashing because of what the FGL sent it.  So when you can reproduce the problem at will, not only test with the latest GDC to see if it has been fixed, but also test with the latest FGL.

The key thing is to get a small test case that reproduces the problem.   

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: