Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with the window focus (GDC 2.10.04)  (Read 23878 times)
alessio p.

« on: January 11, 2008, 12:51:05 pm »

Hi,

we have met the following problem with GDC 2.10.04 :

sometimes the instruction "open window" fails because it does open the form, it gets focus, the input/display is active but the form stays hidden and we cannot see what we write.

We have noticed that this problem occurs only with some program forms which appearantly don't have any specific characteristic.

We have also noticed that with the forms where the problem occurs, the window opens, sistematically and in alternate way, one time correctly and the next one it doesn't open correctly.

We checked that this problem does not occur when we open the window with attribute maximized.

We also can say that, with the version 2.10.01 of BDL and with the version 2.02.08 of GDC, the problem never occurs.

We use the following Platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4) Kernel 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp on an x86_64
- BDL 2.10.01 build-1138
- GDC 2.10.04 / 2.10.01 (for Windows platform) (Windows XP)

Thanks in advance,

Bye bye
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 02:09:58 pm »

Alessio,
Is there any chance you could record a log file - and if yes, could you check the log replays the problem ?

Are you simply doing OPEN WINDOW <name> WITH FORM <form>  or are you using OPEN/DISPLAY FORM aferwards ?

When you say "the form stays hidden and we cannot see what we write.": is this the window (i.e. with the whole decoration, the title bar, system buttons, status bar), or is this the form (only the content) ?

Thanks for your feedback,
Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
alessio p.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:53:44 pm »

Hi,
first of all thanks for the quick response.

The log of the GDC 2.10.04 is the same of the GDC 2.02.08, and doesn't contain error messages.

For open windows i use the instruction "OPEN WINDOW <name> WITH FORM <form>"

When you say "the form stays hidden and we cannot see what we write.": is this the window (i.e. with the whole decoration, the title bar, system buttons, status bar), or is this the form (only the content) ?
is the window

I also have included as attachment the log file wich replays the problem.

Regards,

Alessio

* log_gdc-210.zip (42.68 KB - downloaded 1072 times.)

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:49:08 am »

We have also noticed that with the forms where the problem occurs, the window opens, sistematically and in alternate way, one time correctly and the next one it doesn't open correctly.

We checked that this problem does not occur when we open the window with attribute maximized.

A few years ago I had something similar and it was something to do with Stored Settings.  If it is the same thing, look at the settings in the registry for when the window opens successfully and then next time when it fails.  One of the the x,y,width,height attributes (I cant remember which one) was alternating between a sensible value and a non-sensible value, hence one time it would display correctly, the next time it wouldn't, the next it would display correctly etc.  The fact this doesn't occur when the window is maximized makes me suspect this (as the x,y,width, height stored settings would be ignored)

It is a while ago but I think clearing the individual window settings made the problem disappear, and I suspect it also involved running different versions of the GDC on the same PC.
alessio p.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 09:23:05 am »

Hi,

I have already tried to erase all the settings stored, and failed, with GDC version 2.10 continues to behave the same way, instead with GDC version 2.02.08 it works !

Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

Alessio
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:55:28 pm »

Hello Alessio,

I'm not able to reproduce your issue with the log you provided. Could you send us a screenshot in order to know to what looks the problem like and when it occurs?

By the way, I noticed that the log you sent has been recorded in maximized state. Nevertheless, in your first post, you said that the problem does not occur in maximized state. Is that wanted?

Thank you in anticipation for these precisions,
Best regards,

alessio p.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:20:03 am »

Hello Lionel,

I've made a clip that shows the problem, you can download it here :
http://www.fetuffo.netsons.org/temp/clip0001.avi

For the other thing, I confirm that the problem does not occur when the window is in maximized state.

Thanks in advance,

Alessio
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:14:56 am »

Hello Alessio,

Thank you for showing me the problem. Now I understand it and am able to reproduce it with the log you provided. I'll attempt to clearly isolate the cause. I keep you posted.

Best regards,
Lionel
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:44:04 am »

Hello again,

Even with the log, it's still difficult to clearly identify what may cause this issue. May I ask you to send me the form (.per) which can't be displayed ?

Thank you in anticipation,
Lionel
alessio p.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 02:48:36 pm »

Below is the .per code,

thank you for your help,

Alessio

schema formonly

topmenu
   group file (text="File")
      command accept (text="Esegui")
      command k_f2
      command invio
      command k_esc
   end --group
   group file (text="Modifica")
      command editcut
      command editcopy
      command editpaste
      command k_f3
      command gestrc
      command k_f4
      command k_f8
      command copia
      command duplica
      command default
      command k_f9 -- da rimuovere
   end --group
   group file (text="Ricerca")
      command k_f5
      command k_f6
      command k_f11
      command k_sf6
      command k_sf8
   end --group
   group file (text="Visualizza")
      command k_sf1
      command k_sf2
      command pagprev
      command pagnext
      command selezione
      command nextrow
      command prevrow
      command k_f12 -- da rimuovere
   end --group
   group file (text="Strumenti")
      command k_f35
      command cattura
      command k_sf3
      command k_sf4
      command k_sf5
      command k_sf7
      command k_f7
   end --group

group help (text="?")
      command k_f1
   end --group
end --topmenu

layout
vbox
grid
{
[pag                          ]
}
end --grid
table tb1 (WANTFIXEDPAGESIZE, UNSORTABLECOLUMNS, DOUBLECLICK=invio)
{
[a1          |a2        |a3          |a4          |a5                |a6 ]
}
end --table
grid
{
[in1                                                                           ]
}
end --grid
end --vbox
end --layout
attributes

a1   = formonly.d_movimento,
                 title = "Data Movimento",
                 comments = " Data Movimento";
          a2   = formonly.ora_movimento,
                 title = "Orario Movimento",
                 comments = " Orario Movimento";
          a3   = formonly.cod_utente,
                 title = "Codice Utente",
                 comments = " Codice Utente";
          a4   = formonly.cod_agenzia,
                 title = "Codice Agenzia",
                 comments = " Codice Agenzia";
          a5   = formonly.imp_cassa,
                 justify=right, not null,
                 title = "Importo Cassa",
                 comments = " Importo Cassa";
COMBOBOX  a6   = formonly.tp_rigo,
                 tag="625", not null,
                 title = "Tipo Rigo",
                 comments = " Tipo Rigo";

-- FINE CAMPI GENERATORE
LABEL pag  = formonly.pagina;
LABEL in1  = formonly.txt_msg_include;
instructions
 screen record sc_s_25139(formonly.d_movimento
                     thru formonly.tp_rigo)
end
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 10:44:19 am »

Hi Alessio,

I tested with your form but nevertheless, I still don't duplicate your issue.

I can confirm that it is probably a bug on the GDC side, but I would like to be able to reproduce it before referencing it in our database :-)

Is there a way to also get the 4GL code? (and the .4st file).

Thank you!
Best regards,

Lionel

Four Js

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 12:05:03 pm »

Found the problem.

In the log, you've a message very very long:

Code
  1. {Message 2723 { {text "Ordinamento :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   "}

This makes the Status bar very large, then the windows very large (more than 16000 pixels on my side), then Windows is a bit lost.

- TRIM your message or use STRING instead of VARCHAR, this should solve the problem.
- We'll register a bug (Lionel should provide the number soon), the statusbar size should be bounded to the screen size.

Thanks for reporting,
Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
alessio p.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 02:18:50 pm »

We're using a STRING to display message, and adding ".trimRight()" method now it works.

Thank you all for your support,

Alessio
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 02:28:04 pm »

To precise...I filed a new bug regarding this issue :
bz.#9409 => Window with a too long StatusBar may not be displayed

Thank you again for testing GDC and reporting bugs.

Best regards,
Lionel
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: