Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Build rules - link command  (Read 11203 times)

« on: July 14, 2009, 03:29:37 am »

Is there anyway to rewrite the linker rule in Genero Studio? We have a module called lib_main which we want to include in just about every program. So in our makefiles we have something similar to this:
aie_focus_reorder:: $(FORMS) $(MODULES) lib_main.42m
   fglrun -l -o aie_focus_reorder.42r $(MODULES) lib_main.42m $(LIBS) $(FGLDIR)/lib/libfgl4js.42x $(FGLDIR)/lib/libfgl.42x

lib_main is dependent on other functions in other modules so it can't be made into a library.

I've tried using external dependencies but I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it or not. I've it but then it gives me a cryptic error:
Starting D:\path..\bin\aie_focus_reorder.42r
Genero runner failed.
*** The run process failed ***

Hope this makes sense.
Romain W.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 03:57:26 pm »

Hi Scott,

Normally you should use the external dependencies as you did. You may have to (re)set environment variable FGLLDPATH in order to make the external dependency (lib_main.42m) be found on rebuild, but the problem seems to appear at execution? Is your library compiled with the same FGL version as the other modules? Which version of FGL is it? Do you have the same problem when compiling, linking and running your application outside Genero Studio?

Regards,
Romain
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:48:27 am »

Is there anyway to rewrite the linker rule in Genero Studio? We have a module called lib_main which we want to include in just about every program. So in our makefiles we have something similar to this:
aie_focus_reorder:: $(FORMS) $(MODULES) lib_main.42m
   fglrun -l -o aie_focus_reorder.42r $(MODULES) lib_main.42m $(LIBS) $(FGLDIR)/lib/libfgl4js.42x $(FGLDIR)/lib/libfgl.42x

lib_main is dependent on other functions in other modules so it can't be made into a library.

I thought it was because lib_main contained the MAIN statement? and thats why it couldn't go in a library.  (Also libqui.42x was dependent on libqcore.42x)

If you're still having trouble, send me the .4pw you are attempting to use.

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 05:45:17 am »

Normally you should use the external dependencies as you did. You may have to (re)set environment variable FGLLDPATH in order to make the external dependency (lib_main.42m) be found on rebuild, but the problem seems to appear at execution? Is your library compiled with the same FGL version as the other modules? Which version of FGL is it? Do you have the same problem when compiling, linking and running your application outside Genero Studio?

Library is compiled with the same FGL version (2.20.06) in Studio version 2.12.11. We don't have the same problem when running outside of studio. 

Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 05:46:29 am »

If you're still having trouble, send me the .4pw you are attempting to use.

I've sent you the 4pw.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: