Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: How to set current window from a variable?  (Read 7429 times)
Bryce S.

« on: May 14, 2009, 12:47:11 am »

Hi,

I want to set the current window by passing the window name to another module so as that module can open its forms in my main window instead of a second window. For it to be able to do the 'open form' it has to first set the current window. But I can't find a way to pass the window name or object and have the module use it to set the current window.
'current window is ...' syntax won't accept a variable containing the name of the window.
None of the ui.window functions include a set current option.
Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg

David H.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:42:05 am »

Hi Bryce,

I can sympathise as I have frequently been frustrated by Genero's inability to use variables for things like window, field, cursor, statement etc names.  FYI, I believe you can do this in one of the 4GL clones out there using variable id's i.e. OPEN WINDOW _variable(myvar). 

Code reuse is a big thing for us, as the less code we write the less we have to maintain.. Hopefully now that some of the big changes are in place (multi dialogs etc), 4Js might be able to look some core language enhancements to promote code reuse. I'm still hoping to be able to define classes of my own one day!

Regards,

David
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: