Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Drag and Drop and examine Outlook Emails?  (Read 5071 times)
Jeff M.

« on: May 12, 2022, 02:24:00 pm »

Hi all,

I have a requirement to be able to drag and drop an Outlook email into Genero then examine its content and pull out relevant information.

Is this possible and where should I start?

On what little exploration I've done Outlook wants to paste a .msg file name, the file itself won't drop into Genero, but even if it  did .msg files are not readily readable.

I would appreciate any guidance at this early stage.
Gary C.

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 02:44:57 pm »

Hi

We use a plugin to facilitate drag and drop from Outlook: DragDrop for Outlook. This allows us to drop emails into our own web component (we use GDC currently).

One of the options this plugin gives is the format of the message that gets dropped and you can set this to other readable formats: .eml for example.

There maybe better ways so I would be interested to see what others have done.

Sometimes we get an email which has an attachment that is itself an email. The attachment can be in .msg format. To examine that email, we use a third party java tool from Aspose that allows us to convert from .msg to .eml

Hope that helps.

Gary

Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 12:58:56 pm »

Hi, for the GDC native there is an issue registered at the Qt side https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52648
We were told they are not fixing that (they closed the issue with "out of scope" 🤨), so we have barely a chance to fix that to work with the built in Genero-DND methods.
You need to try the plugin mentioned.
Sorry for the inconvenience ,
Leo
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: