Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have 2.10/2.11 in production?  (Read 9488 times)

« on: November 13, 2008, 04:16:14 am »

One of our customers wants to use web services and so we have recommended they upgrade to version 2.11 (they are currently on 1.32). However, they would be the first of our customers to use this version and are concerned about being "on the bleeding edge". In order to reduce their concerns I was wondering if anyone else has customers in production with 2.10/2.11 or with plans to go live with 2.10/2.11 preferably before Christmas (approximate no of users would also be really useful)? If you could let me know either via the list or privately (scott dot newton at integralgroup dot co dot nz) would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Scott Newton
Olivier E.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:42:12 pm »

Hello Scott,

I am in charge of the support for Four J's in Strasbourg (France), and I can confirm that Four J's has customers who installed Genero 2.11 on production sites : In France, Germany, Italy, USA, Mexico, and more.

Of course Four J's can not send a list of customers names in a public Forum.

PS : I like your anti-spam solution : scott dot newton at integralgroup dot co dot nz

Regards,

Olivier ECKERT - Support Manager - Four J's Development Tools France

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:42:36 am »

Hi Scott,

I work for a UK based group of opticians. We are live on a 2.10 Genero on Linux, with 2.11 GDC on Windows and have found this to be much more stable than our 1.32 releases were.

We have not yet upgraded to 2.11 on the back end purely due to a lack of need as 2.10 has proven very reliable but will do so in due course. 2.11 GDC was used as there were some minor issues we experienced in the CANVAS in 2.10 (we use Canvas alot).

We have 40 PC's used by 75 people (retail environment) across 4 sites and have been live for a few months.

There will be some work needed to migrate - mostly just on screen sizings but I would wholly recommend doing work to utilise Multiple Dialogs when upgrading anyway. Multiple Dialogs' are a godsend and will greatly increase usability of your system. They're easy to work with and can will also reduce the amount of code that you use. Our users now struggle to believe how they used the system before we had Multiple Dialogs.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: