Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Genero FGLGUI=0 mode debugging on Windows  (Read 9560 times)
David H.

« on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:07 pm »

Hi,

I don't know if this has been reported or not but we seem unable to use the Genero built in debugger on Windows when fglgui=0. I've tried several versions of Genero from v1.32 to v2.11.02 and all seem to have the same fault. The debugger starts ok and you can set breakpoints/view source etc. However as soon as you 'RUN' and it stops at a breakpoint, nothing you type appears and no more commands can be entered. The only available options seems to be to CTRL+Break to quit.

From memory I'm pretty sure this used to work in BDL v3.5+ on Windows....

Any thoughts?

David
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:30:15 pm »

Hi David,
it works on our side, at least with simple programs.
I can set breakpoints, the TUI appears, I stop at breakpoints and can continue etc.

I think this is more a support issue, so please post the needed OS version/Genero version numbers to them.
Kind Regards, Leo
David H.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:35:39 pm »

Hi Leo,

Out of interest what version(s) did you try it successfully with? It does not work on any of our dev workstations here with multiple versions of the compiler (v1.32 to v2.11.02). I also tried demo.42r and still get the same problem. I get the same results with cmd.exe as I do with our TCC/LE shell (http://www.jpsoft.com/tccledes.htm) It does however work correctly with v3.55 on these same workstations...

Kind Regards,

David
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 04:51:19 pm »

Hi David,
I tried 1.33.2h, 2.10.06, 2.11.04 successfully , all on Win2000
May be the windows version used is a problem , but again, the support has more versions to try...

Kind Regards, Leo.
Bernard M.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 05:34:01 pm »

Hi Leo,

David (via Neil Martin) provided us the test case to reproduce this issue.
It looks like you need to have more than one OPTIONS statement to reproduce the problem.
I will take care of this issue.

Regards,
Bernard
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: