Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tables - Space reallocation  (Read 8864 times)
Paul M.

« on: March 14, 2017, 12:01:03 pm »

Hi,

I have asked this a long time ago but didnt really get anywhere.

Problem :
Table with 7 columns, I need to hide one or two of the columns and give the space freed up to one column(Description) so that the table width stays the same on the page.(Image1)

I have tried to do this by amending the proportional width values in Coldefs and while I can give the freed up space to the column I want(Description) the last column on the table gets pulled to the left(Line Value - See Image2).
I hide the columns in the body of the table by using the Visibility Condition. I have tried setting the Coldefds entry for the hidden column to 0 but that really messes up the table.
So I am looking for suggestions on how to redistribute the space or if somebody can tell me how table column sizing works when hiding columns it would be a big help.

Thanks.

Genero Studio
Version 2.50.20 build-136704
Target w64v100

* Image2.jpg (86.93 KB, 1733x161 - viewed 1855 times.)

* Image1.jpg (35.89 KB, 883x92 - viewed 1831 times.)
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 12:27:08 pm »

Hi,
without having tested it, in the example that you show, I would try the following:
Coming from the table with seven columns you set a visibility condition (on the columns 3 trough 7) so that only the two leftmost columns are left (you need to set the condition on both the COLDEFS and the COL elements).
I think that this is sufficient if the left column has fixed width (I think that there is code in the engine that makes the rightmost column have relative with if no other column has relative width).
If you want to be sure than you make sure that the left column has fixed width and the description column has proportional width (specified in the COLDEF).
If that isn't already the case in the initial layout with the seven columns then you can create two mutually exclusive COLDEF nodes (via visibility condition) for the description column that have either fixed or proportional width (One is used in the case of seven columns the other in the case of two columns).
I hope that I understood the problem correctly and that this helps,

Alex

Paul M.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:48:47 pm »

Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Is Visibility Condition on COLDEFS a V3 feature? or is it a case of setting proportional width to 0?

Thanks.
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:10:18 pm »

>Is Visibility Condition on COLDEFS a V3 feature?
Arrgh sorry,
I meant on the COLDEF without the "S".
Alex
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: