Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: TextEdit stretch on table  (Read 10258 times)
Anderson P.

« on: March 31, 2016, 04:54:02 pm »

I have a table with a column of the type "Text Edit", this field displays a multiple line text.

Is there some way to make the table line height fits the text height, so no scroll bars are shown?

If i change the "TextEdit" stretch attribute to "y" or "both" nothing happens, and if i change the table "rowHeight" atribuinte to a larger number the row fits more text lines, but becomes large independently of the amount of text.

So what I want is to make the "TextEdit" stretch attribute work in a table, to create something like a dynamic row height.

I'm using Genero Studio 2.50.20 and GDC 2.50.13, compiling this screen for desktop.

Thank You
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

Hi,
Unfortunately this is not possible in the table.
The stretch attribute refers to the usage as a single form field in the GRID layout , for the table this attribute is not evaluated.
As you found out, changing the row height lets you show more rows in the textedit.
Your wanted mode is very hard to implement for the clients (dynamic per row height based on the widget content of all widgets in a row), due to optimized paging for arrays.
(Clients need a fixed row height oin orderr to compute the pageSize for the run time. The run time only sends data for the visible pageSIze to the client).
Regards, Leo
Anderson P.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 06:15:13 pm »

Ok. Guess i can solve this out with row height and a scrollbar... Thank you for your answer.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: