Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Web components in mobile  (Read 12459 times)
Benjamin F.

« on: February 03, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »

Hi,

We just upgraded to Genero Studio 3.0 from Genero Mobile 1.1. For the most part the transition was smooth, but we're having an issue with web components on iOS. Let's say, for example, that a user loads a page and then selects some options from a drop-down. Based on what they pick in the drop-down, a div container with a table gets drawn. For fun let's say that table is 900 pixels tall. Then the user can pick something else off the drop-down, and the same div container gets reused to draw a different version of that same table, and this version is only 600 pixels tall. It's laid out like this in HTML:

Code
  1.    header stuff
  2.  </div>
  3.  <div> <!-- this guy never gets resized in iOS when building with Genero Studio 3 -->
  4.    <div>
  5.      navigation bar, buttons
  6.    </div>
  7.    <div>
  8.      <div>
  9.        drop-down 1
  10.      </div>
  11.      <div>
  12.        drop-down 2
  13.      </div>
  14.      <div>
  15.        content based on drop-downs
  16.      </div>
  17.    </div>
  18.  </div>
  19. </body>

On the version built with Genero Mobile 1.1, this worked great. The div got resized to be only as tall as it needs to be, so you can't scroll past the content. With the version built with Genero Studio 3.0, it still works great on Android. On iOS, that body container never gets resized. I set a bunch of different background colors on every div in the example above, and it's always the outermost one that stays too big. It'll always get bigger. If I start with a 900-pixel-tall table and then get a 1200-pixel-tall table that div will get bigger. But if I go from content that is 1200-pixels-tall to 600-pixels-tall then half of the container is just empty space.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
Benjamin F.

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:44:47 pm »

Ack, I did the first post wrong, but I can't figure out how to edit. Imagine the body tags are actually div tags, and there's a separate set of body tags that hold the entire body. Everything is contained in one big master div within the body, and that outermost div is the one that doesn't resize correctly. I'm really sorry. When I figure out how to edit I'll redo it. It's basically like this:

Code
  1.    <div>
  2.      header
  3.    </div>
  4.    <div>
  5.      <div>
  6.        Buttons
  7.      </div>
  8.      <div>
  9.        drop-down 1
  10.      </div>
  11.      <div>
  12.        drop-down 2
  13.      </div>
  14.      <div>
  15.        table content
  16.      </div>
  17.    </div>
  18.  </div>
  19. </body>
Benjamin F.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 06:47:31 pm »

It's the main outer DIV that isn't resizing. Sheesh, sorry. Really pining for an edit button.
Benjamin F.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:59:38 pm »

OK I've been able to determine this is absolutely an issue in GMI. I upgraded from Genero Mobile 1.1 to Genero Studio 3.0, and isn't an issue with GWS. On the older GMI 1.10 app (which I had installed on one of the iOS simulated devices) the scrolling is fine. The same app on another simulated device that has the later 1.20.04 app installed has this weird scrolling thing. All I have to do to see the problem is switch between simulated devices because they have different versions of the GMI app installed.

I'll hit up 4Js support with this (accidental) discovery.
Benjamin F.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 05:49:42 pm »

Support has identified the bug and filed a ticket to get it fixed. GMI-413
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: