Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Minimised GDC restores itself...  (Read 41537 times)
Sally W.

« on: October 01, 2013, 12:35:46 pm »

I have a customer using Citrix and they are having a problem that unpredictably a minimised GDC restores itself, and the focus switches to it.  My feeling is that it's a Citrix problem, but I've only just today got hold of the correct description of the problem.  Previously I thought it was the one where the port offset isn't getting set so user's GDC windows appear on other user's screens.

Has anyone else ever seen this?  They are now using GDC 2.40.  Previously they were using an earlier version (not sure which one) and upgrading to this one hasn't made any difference. 
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »

Hello Sally,

Sorry for the late answer.
Unfortunately GDC is not tested on Citrix environments in the Four Js labs. The only thing I can tell you is that there is no similar known problem in our issues database.
What I would suggest is that you test, if possible, the same application in an environment without Citrix. Then, if you're also able to replicate the problem, that will probably become easier to debug.

Sorry for being not more helpful for now!

Best regards,
Lionel
carl k.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:57:35 am »

We use Citrix as well with genero , what we find is that Citrix profiles occasionally get corrupted (users registry settings) . And especially the genero settings seem to cause odd problems , like fields shrinking, screens not displaying , columns at weird sizes.
You can delete their profile completely and start from fresh although that will wipe out settings for everything, or you can just clear out the genero registry entries for forms and applications.
Get the user to log off completely from Citrix
Log into your profile server , run Regedit and load the users ntuser.dat as a hive entry <username>
Find the below entries and delete them
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\<Username>\Software\Four Js\Genero Desktop Client\Application    - everything under here
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\<Username>\Software\Four Js\Genero Desktop Client\Forms  - everything under here
recreate both keys again , but blank
Application
Forms
 Unload the users hive and get them to log in ..

Recently we implemented the --ignoresettings option on the command line for the Citrix application shortcut , as such we have had less corruptions issues https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gdc-manual-html/User/CmdLine.html
Sally W.

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 10:01:04 am »

Thanks for that.  When I can get hold of the user I'll pass it on.  Unfortunately my normal contact is off ill at present.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: