Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: DDE Support and OpenOffice  (Read 14433 times)
Ernest D.

« on: October 10, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »

Can I use windows DDE Support for the OpenOffice scalc.exe ?
Can you send me an example ?
Lionel F.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:47:14 am »

Hi Bystrik,

Honestly it's something we never tested on our side. DDE is an old technology (1987) that was introduced by Microsoft for interprocess communication under Windows. We only provide a library that handles this technology but of course we're not able to test all possible interactions between GDC and other applications.

Nevertheless, since OpenOffice is initially a Sun application, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some incompatibilities. On the other hand, we already made some tests with the COM api, which is more recent as the DDE api. But even there we didn't succeed in making GDC interact with OpenOffice.

But perhaps someone else was able to make this work, that's also the interest of a forum to share this kind of tips :)

Currently we rather recommend to handle documents on the server side using for instance Apache POI:
https://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-fgl-manual-html/User/JavaBridge.html#EXAMPLE_2

It's more secure and ensures a full compatibility no matter you're using GDC or GWC

Regards,
Lionel
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: