Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Treeview - Active checkboxes  (Read 7020 times)
Jean G.

« on: February 10, 2012, 07:03:15 pm »

I have my form and program where it displays a tree of teams and the users under the each team when I expand the tree. I have two check boxes to the side of each user one for sendto and the other for copyto. I want to make the checkboxes for sendto and copyto active so when a user clicks on either of those fields in the tree view the box is checked or unchecked.

I have tried display array and input array on the tree array, but I can't get those two fields in the row to be active. I can do a drag and drop into the other fields on the form but I would really like to have the check boxes to work. Does anyone know how to do this or have a work around?

Thanks,
Jean
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:32:00 pm »

Hi Jean,

I think what you are asking for is INPUT ARRAY in a tree container.  There are two enhancements requests in the system around this ...

Bz17159 - Support data input in Tree Views with INPUT ARRAY
Bz21799 - Support DISPLAY ARRAY CRUD triggers with Tree View

... contact your local support and get them to add your name to the list of requestors.  It is a good time to ask for these now as the developers are starting to think about the 2.50 release and what to put in it.

I suspect for 17159 there would have to be an implicit INSERT ROW=FALSE, APPEND ROW=FALSE, DELETE ROW=FALSE so that rows weren't added or removed.

In the interim, have a look at the Bill of Materials demo in $FGLDIR/demo/Tree/bill-of-material.  That uses buttons outside the array to change values inside the tree container.

Hope that helps

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Jean G.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

Thank you, Reuben. I will get our name added to the list of requestors for Bz17159  and 17199. I will take a look at the bill-of-material demo.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: