Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: GDC 2.20 & 2.40 performance  (Read 12095 times)
yves v.

« on: March 15, 2012, 11:29:39 am »

System AIX 5.3
BDL  2.21.10

When i use GDC 2.02.04 program (fglrun xxx) execution is immediate (<1 second) for all programs of the menu

When i use GDC 2.22.06  OR GDC 2.40 (all same environment, same menu, same program)
    one time , excution is immediate
    the second time (or third,  not regular) , for the same program,  excution time is about 5 seconds

if we call the program on the console direct with fglrun program , the problem is identical
   1 time on 2 : no delay
   second time  about 5 sec before the program raises

except keeping 2.02 forever, what can we do?

Four Js

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:48 am »

Yves,

I would suggest to send contact your support center and provide them gdc log files - they will give you all information.
There is no known performance issue - we have usually faster results with later versions.

There is one parameter that may have an impact:
we introduced some checks in GDC to verify that another fglrun is not connecting to it. We added some "security levels" that allows you to configure these checks. By default, GDC expects to see some identifiers in the connection hand shake (they are set up when starting your application via shortcuts and @FGLxxx commands). If you don't use this mechanism, there is no identifier, and GDC will warn the user that an unknown connection is attempted.

For that, we check the remote host name and IP, using reverse DNS (a system call). We noticed that this system call can take up to 5 seconds if your DNS is not correctly configured on your network.

As we don't have much details, I would suggest you (in addition to check with your support center) to:
- lower GDC security level to 0 and check again. If this is immediate => this is likely to be the reason.
- use shortcuts and @FGL tags and check again, if this is not the case.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Nicolas
yves v.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 11:59:03 am »

thanks to pierre nicolas
with security level 0, problem is solved
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 11:16:34 pm »

thanks to pierre nicolas
with security level 0, problem is solved

I'm not sure if it would be correct to say the problem is solved by setting security level to 2.  You would be better off to get DNS correctly configured on your network and set the security level back to the default of 2.

I think a good test (PNR can confirm) is to run ... nslookup <server-name> , from your clients command prompt window.  That should return a value instantaneously

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: