Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: spell check file location  (Read 14039 times)
Paul S.

« on: June 15, 2011, 12:16:03 am »

1) Has anyone used the spellcheck option and if so where did the store the "aff" and "dic" files.

2) Same question for a "gdc" file.

where does the gdc look for these files.

Thanks

Paul
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:30:07 am »

Spellcheck:

GDC makes a simple "open", which means that the files have to be in the "running directory" of GDC (you can also use relative path).
So if you start GDC using a shortcut on Windows, this will be the "Start In" option.
If you have your own start mechanism (bat file for instance), it will depend then on what you do.

You can also set absolute path (e.g. "c:/tmp/myfile.aff").

Maybe this would make sense to add a similar lookup as for the images, so GDC would first open the given path, then look into GDCDIR/dict or something like that.

Regarding .gdc, not sure to get the question: either, during the installation, you associate .gdc files to your GDC, then it's the system that manages to run "<path to gdc>/gdc.exe <path to .gdc file>/myfile.gdc" and then the file can be anywhere, or you add the gdc file to the command line by yourself.
But GDC is never looking for .gdc files directly.
Paul S.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 09:41:44 am »

Thank You for the reply.

spellcheck , I will try what you have said. with the absolute path can you use a network path ie:- \\fileserver\spelling\em_GB.aff

gdc: this is the export file created when exporting shortcuts, the Online manual says   gdc myshortcut.gdc  , so my question is what should be the location of myshortcut.gdc.

Thanks

Paul
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:59:09 am »

with the absolute path can you use a network path ie:- \\fileserver\spelling\em_GB.aff
I did not try, but I expect it to work.

Just keep in mind that loading the dictionary is done asynchronously and can take up to a couple of seconds to load.

gdc: this is the export file created when exporting shortcuts, the Online manual says   gdc myshortcut.gdc  , so my question is what should be the location of myshortcut.gdc.

you can have them wherever you want ; for instance, if you have:
- GDC in c:\fjs\gdc2.32\
- the .gdc file in c:\data\shortcuts\

you can do:

Code
  1. c:\fjs\gdc2.32\bin\gdc.exe c:\data\shortcuts\myapp.gdc
or

Code
  1. cd c:\fjs\gdc2.32\bin\
  2. gdc.exe c:\data\shortcuts\myapp.gdc

or

Code
  1. cd c:\data\shortcuts\
  2. c:\fjs\gdc2.32\bin\gdc.exe myapp.gdc

You just need to either pass the absolute path of the .gdc to gdc.exe, or the relative path to the current directory.

Or, if the file association is set, simply double click on the .gdc file within your file explorer.

Paul S.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:09 am »

Thanks, this will help a great deal.

Paul
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: