Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Launch a Web Portal from 4gl app  (Read 6859 times)
Jean G.

« on: November 24, 2010, 05:21:45 pm »

Hi,

I need to write a function that will populate the parameters for a web portal, open the web browser and run the third parties app using the URL string. Would I use the webcomponent in 2.30 or is there another way that this can be done?

Thanks,
Jean
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:39:17 pm »

You can use the launchUrl frontcall.
WebComponent is a way to integrate a web widget in your 4GL form. This is not relevant for your case.
Jean G.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:01 pm »

Hi,

What I need to do is to open an html document for this web portal and send the input values back to the server to call another function that will produce the MD5 Hash value, once I have that then I need to send it back to the html document to launch the web portal. Is it possible to do this with the web component? If so what would I need to do to get the html to come up in the window so I can enter the input?

I have looked at the webcomponent examples but most of them deal with charts, maps, calendars, etc. I just need to input data and move it back and forth between the 4gl program and the html file.

I have put my html file under the ../components directory and created a per file with the web component, but it never displays when I run the 4gl.

Thanks,
Jean
Jean G.

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:33:08 pm »

I can launch the web portal using the launch url. Is there a way to capture errors messages or succesfull logoff from the website in the 4gl program?

This how I am calling the launchurl CALL ui.Interface.frontcall("standard","launchurl",sso_url_string clipped,ret_string). If display the return string but it is always blank.

Thanks,
Jean
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: