Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: No allowed action received from the UA  (Read 10555 times)

« on: March 25, 2010, 03:47:55 pm »

I cannot find anything anywhere on this error message.  Google can't find a single hit on it.  Take a look at the attachment and please let me know if anyone can point me in some direction?

* Capture.JPG (24.87 KB, 752x127 - viewed 1758 times.)
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 06:52:45 pm »

Hi Jason,

This kind of GWC error occurs when a non-expected event is executed on the form.
The problem may occur because of a a GWC or a javascript error (which allows the execution of an action that should be disabled).
However this error message is quite common and not accurate enough, so to track such issues the most efficient way is to have a test program that duplicates the error.

May I ask you to contact your support center with the product version and the test program that reproduces the error ?

Best regards,
Guney

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 06:55:27 pm »

Thank you for your response. I am working with the help desk now.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:43:43 pm »

Ok, so the problem was this.  (Not a Genero bug).

Client was trying to simulate a message by constructing a menu that would display for x seconds. The way they did that was they actually created the menu with a specific style.  JavaScript added a listener for that element, and then after 3 seconds, the JavaScript would send an Accept to the web browser, which the Menu was waiting for (using ON KEY accept). The menu, upon hearing the Accept, would go ahead and exit out.  So, with a menu waiting on Accept to exit, and JavaScript sending an Accept after 3 seconds, they were able to use a menu to simulate a temporary message.

The problem is that they used gRegisterWrapper to register two wrappers with the same name.  So two methods were executed, each of which sent an Accept. The menu heard the first accept and exited, and then the second accept was sent to the browser. Since the menu had already exited, no valid element in the browser was expecting an Accept.

Fixed the problem by renaming one of the wrappers to a unique name.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: