Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Action defaults  (Read 11299 times)
Massimiliano D.

« on: February 25, 2010, 03:20:00 pm »

I have an issue on the PrevPage and NextPage action default:
Im in a display array dialog and the form have a multi-field array for display data.
When i press the page down button on the first time and i'm on the first row i go on the last row of the current page and not to the first row a the next page, the others times that i press page down all works well.
The same for page up.
In BDS (3.54) this works well

Is correct this??
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »

Hi Massimiliano,

Yes this is expected. We've copied how Windows Explorer is doing.
For page down:
- if you are on the last visible row, the current page is shifted down (the previous "last row" is the new "first row")
- if you are not on the last visible row, the last visible row becomes the current one

(same for page up).

You can mimic BDS behavior with
ON ACTION pagedown
  CALL DIALOG.setCurrentRow( "my_array", DIALOG.getCurrentRow() + getPageSize("my_array"))

(getPageSize can be a small function that will get Table attribute pageSize - you'll need of course to not go after the end of the array).

Massimiliano D.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:42:40 pm »

Ok, thanks for reply so fast, i am able to implement a behavior like BDS, but i have to write the same line of codes for each display array/ input array.

Regars Max
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 04:02:15 pm »

Unfortunately yes, but the idea when Genero started was to be closer to classic desktop applications:

one of the main complain against BDS was that BDS application were not looking like other applications, and that new users were a bit lost when they jump between their usual applications (like Windows explorer) and 4GL applications.
This is why, when it was possible without a big compatibility issue, we tried to mimic system behavior.

Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 04:31:17 pm »

Ok, thanks for reply so fast, i am able to implement a behavior like BDS, but i have to write the same line of codes for each display array/ input array.

Regars Max

Max,

Before touching all your DISPLAY ARRAYs, I would first ask users if they are really disturbed with the current behavior.
If they compare to the Windows explorer behavior, maybe they will accept this?

Seb
Massimiliano D.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 04:48:27 pm »

In fact i won't to modify all of my display / Input array :)
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: