Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bizarre behaviour in Calendar Widget  (Read 10906 times)
Michael L.

« on: February 10, 2010, 09:51:52 pm »

We have had some reports of bizarre behaviour when using the Date/Calendar Widget.  Here is the description:

"Problem...(on some PC's not all) If you click on a from or to date it reverts back to 2000.... Futher troubleshooting revealed that if you change it to anything up to 2009, click off then click back on it.. It will hold the date.

If you change either date to 2010-2019 it will minus 10 years... So 2011 will be 2001 when you click off then back on it.  The same thing happens for 2020 but it minuses 20 years.. So changing to 2020 and then clicking off then back on will go to 2000 and 2025 will go to 2005."

This only happens when clicking on the calendar widget, prefilling with the correct date and typing the correct date work correctly, it's the widget itself that causes the problem when clicked.  This leads us to believe that there is something with the PCs, but we had them check the system date/time, the bios date/time (and general settings) and saw nothing out of the ordinary.  The affected machines are running Win XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3.  We're scratching our heads on this one...

We have been unable to reproduce this problem, and we only have one client reporting this (but with multiple PCs exhibiting this behaviour).  Has anyone ever seen or heard of this type of thing?

Thanks for any input.

Michael Laporte
Versaterm Inc.
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:15 pm »

Is this with GDC or GWC, and what version?

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:14:14 pm »

If you're using GDC:

We have implemented in GDC an algorithm supposed to mimic Informix string to date conversion, based on different attributes like DBDATE, CENTURY and so on...

While this is the first time one issue is reported in this area, I would not exclude something wrong in our code - didn't make it simple.

Could you send (directly on the forum / via your support center) us a log file recorded on machines where it occurs ? With the log we should get all server variables that influence string to date conversion, and we'll try to check if all these parameters can show something wrong on our side - or give a hint on what can cause this behavior.

Regards,
Michael L.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:38:12 pm »

Thank you both for the replies. 

The users encountering the behavior are running the GDC (waiting for them to confirm the exact version).  The DVM is 2.02.02 Build 966-12 (fglrun -V).

Once I have the log, I will post it up here.

Thanks again!
Olivier E.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »

Hello Michael,

This is a technical support issue, may I ask you to send it to your support center in USA please ? Pierre Nicolas and the GDC team will follow-up this issue from there.

Thank you very much Michael.

Regards,

Olivier ECKERT - Four J's Support team
Michael L.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:58:40 pm »

Sure thing.  As soon as I get the info from the user, I will forward to Tech support.

Thanks!
Michael L.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:16:31 pm »

The problem has been resolved without the need to collect the logs, so I will just post here rather than starting a problem ticket with support. 

The version of the GDC they were using on the problem PCs was version 2.01.  As soon as we had these PCs updated to version 2.02, the widget began behaving properly again. 

This was something we thought we had confirmed from the beginning by the user's site administrators, I guess we'll have to make sure to get screenshots next time ... 

To those that replied, thank you for your time.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: