Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Genero Studio configurations  (Read 9995 times)
Scott N.

« on: August 21, 2008, 08:03:13 am »

Hello

Currently the Genero Studio configuration is stored under (on Linux at least), for example, $HOME/.FourJs/Genero Studio 2.01.04-40492. The problem I have with this is that every time I install a new version of Genero Studio I have to copy the configuration across to the new directory (and possibly loose new configurations that have been added) or reset it up again from scratch. It would be nice if either the same directory was used each time and/or there was an option in the installer to automatically copy across/merge the required configuration.

Thanks

--
Regards
Scott Newton
Romain W.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:52:40 am »

Hi Scott,

I agree with you, getting back a whole configuration of a previous GST installation in a new one is a bit annoying, and there's no easy way to perform that operation. Copying old 'generostudio.conf' configuration files to the new installation (or copying parts of the file) might work, but we don't recommend such experiences as the format of the files can change.
A feature request is already filed on being able to keep (or getting back) configurations set in a previous GST installation: #Fz.2501 (Import configuration and preferences of previous version). I'll add your comments to the report.

Thanks
Romain
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: