Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: GDC not working locally in Windows 10  (Read 12587 times)
Amy M.

« on: November 22, 2017, 12:38:32 am »

I have a relatively new laptop running Windows 10.  I have my FGLSERVER set to localhost:1 (or 127.0.0.1:1) and my GDC port is 6401.  I cannot run applications that require any interaction with the screen on my own PC.  If I copy the compiled code to our application server, then it works fine and I can run them, so I know the problem is not the code itself.

The applications ends with the first instruction that tries to interact with the screen, such as "CLOSE WINDOW SCREEN", or "OPEN WINDOW".

There is no error message.

If I run them through Genero Studio, I see a message such as this: *** Execution of 'sample3' finished. Exit code: -1073740777 ***
Olivier E.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »

Hello Amy,

May I ask you to open a support request to your local support center.

In the communication, please add your GDC version + the application server type and version + the connection type SSH or http + a log of your GDC please.
If the connection GDC - fglrun is through HTTP/GAS please add the gas logs.

Best regards,

Olivier E. Four Js Support
Amy M.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:33:47 pm »

Hello Oliver,

I logged a case and it has been resolved.  The problem turned out to be a permissions issue in the FGL directory.  Laurent explained that the runtime license is checked when the system tries to interact with a screen and for the version I was using (2.50) the user needs to be able to have write access to the directory.  I had to take control of the folder and make sure I had full control, and after that it worked.

Amy
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: