Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Icon size on Toolbars  (Read 10026 times)
Jeroni C.

« on: April 08, 2011, 01:35:10 pm »

Hi,

From version 2.20 the icons appearing in the toolbar are small, now we are considering migrate form 2.11 to 2.30, I've seen that now can be applied a style to a toolbar and one of these appears that is to control the size of the buttons or images. We are trying to apply a style to toolbar but does not work, if we create a new style does nothing, we create the toolbar from code and if we set the attribute in the xml DOM gives an runtime error: "Dom: The attribute scaleIcon does not belong to node ToolBar.". Am I doing something wrong?

The versions are:
Genero BDL 2.30.06
GDC 2.30.07

Thanks!
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:13 pm »

Hi Jeroni,

"scaleIcon" has been introduced in the coming 2.32, so it will not work in GDC 2.30. You need to wait the new version goes out (should be not too long if everything goes well).
GDC 2.32 is a Maintenance Release of 2.30, so you can safely use it as a replacement for 2.32 (it contains mainly bug fixing and only a very few features).

And I confirm this will be a styleAtribute, (so you've to apply it in your 4st file) and not an attribute.

So just be a little bit patient ;), but don't hesitate to return your feedback once the version is out.

Thanks and regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
Jeroni C.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:53:01 am »

Hi,

We tried this because this is in the 2.30 documentation, we will wait to the gdc 2.32... Can you tell me approximately how long should I wait?

Thanks,
Jeroni
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 01:19:06 am »

Hi,

I'm on the wrong side of the world to tell you how many days you have to wait but I think it is safe to say it is something that can be measured in days, not weeks or months or years.  I noticed that you reported the same issue in the 2.20 EAP.  If you zipped up the toolbar icons you used when you reported the issue in the 2.20 EAP, and either posted them here or sent them to your local support center I'm sure someone could do a quick test so that we could reassure you that the screenshot you sent us with 2.11 is now what you'd get again with 2.32 after adding 1 new entry to the .4st.

I'd also ask the question, your post indicates that you are still on 2.11 but you participated in the 2.20 EAP.  Was this the only issue that prevented you moving to 2.20 at the time?

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Jeroni C.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:09:37 am »

Hi,

I'm on the wrong side of the world to tell you how many days you have to wait but I think it is safe to say it is something that can be measured in days, not weeks or months or years.  I noticed that you reported the same issue in the 2.20 EAP.  If you zipped up the toolbar icons you used when you reported the issue in the 2.20 EAP, and either posted them here or sent them to your local support center I'm sure someone could do a quick test so that we could reassure you that the screenshot you sent us with 2.11 is now what you'd get again with 2.32 after adding 1 new entry to the .4st.

I'd also ask the question, your post indicates that you are still on 2.11 but you participated in the 2.20 EAP.  Was this the only issue that prevented you moving to 2.20 at the time?

Reuben

I've attached a few of the icons...
This was one of the reasons why we stop the update to 2.20, we also had to upgrade the s.o. of a few clients that have glibc 2.1... And we had so much work, so let's stop the update.
Now we have decided to upgrade to 2.30 and looking at the documentation I have seen this new functionality

Regards,
Jeroni

* pics.zip (16.51 KB - downloaded 637 times.)
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 12:07:16 am »

Find attached screenshots with your icons showing what you had in 2.11, what happend in 2.20, and how it is now configurable with 2.32 using the new scaleIcon style attribute

* scaleIcon.jpg (127.38 KB, 520x622 - viewed 1282 times.)

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Jeroni C.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 08:33:48 am »

Find attached screenshots with your icons showing what you had in 2.11, what happend in 2.20, and how it is now configurable with 2.32 using the new scaleIcon style attribute

Thank you very much, this is exactly what we want!

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: