Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: How can I hide header in a table?  (Read 9433 times)
Candy M.

« on: April 21, 2010, 05:10:15 am »

I would like to hide the header that displays in a Table container.
How can this be done?

Thanks,
Candy
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:53:17 am »

There is a "headerHidden" styleAttribute for tables:

https://4js.com/techdocs/genero/fgl/devel/DocRoot/User/PresentationStyles.html#STYATT_TABLE

Code
  1. <Style name="Table.withoutHeader">
  2.  <StyleAttribute name="headerHidden" value="1"/>
  3. </Style>

and

Code
  1. TABLE t1 : STYLE="withoutHeader";

Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
Candy M.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:50:47 pm »

Thanks, Pierre-Nicholas.  I had tried that but was using value="yes".  When I switched it
to value="1" it works.  It must be because I'm using an older version (2.11.16).

Thanks again for your help.  I appreciate it.

Candy
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 04:24:18 pm »

Yes, older versions were using most of the time "1" or "0", but also for a few attributes yes/no, which was not really consistent.

2.2x versions are now accepting 0/no/false and 1/yes/true everywhere, so you don't have to take care.

Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
Leo S.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:04:08 pm »

Hi Candy,I'm  just curious, why you want to hide the table header ? What is the context ?
Kind Regards, Leo
Candy M.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 06:31:29 pm »

Hi Leo,
     I'm displaying a list in a pop up window where the user will choose a row and a program will be launched.  I didn't want to display the headers.
     What I really wanted to do in the beginning was combine StartMenu and TopMenu items in the same DOM tree.   We need to dynamically add a list of programs (reports) to be launched (each is a 42r).  I wanted to add them in a TopMenu, but that is bound to actions.  I wanted the menu to be bound to a command which is a StartMenu.  But we are using TopMenu and I can't add a StartMenu to a TopMenu.
     So our work-a-round is to press a button in the toolbar that will show a list of reports (an icon and report title will display).
I didn't want a header in this case in that window. 

Candy
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: