Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: DATEEDIT value in field  (Read 7230 times)

« on: February 12, 2010, 03:53:29 pm »

When using a DATEDIT field in a form, is it possible to obtain the value of the date the user has selected in the Calendar widget before they have left the field or accepted the value.  Selecting a date in the Calendar sets the field value from a single mouse click but I can't get that value using ui.dialog.GETFIELDBUFFER().  I've also tried ON CHANGE but still can't get the value before the user moves from the field.

Anyone know how to solve this ?

Thanks
Darren
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:57:05 pm »

Darren,

This should not be specific to DATEEDIT fields. Selecting a date from the calendar is like entering a date by hand in the field.

Buffer synchronization depends from the context where you call DIALOG.getFieldBuffer()...

For example, when called from ON KEY / ON ACTION, the buffer should be sync.

I wonder when do you call this method...

Note also that when using the UNBUFFERED option, the runtime system will try to set the value of the program variable bound to the field (data validation will occur)...

Could you also give us the FE type/version and the fglrun version you are using?

Maybe what you need is the dialogtouched special event, to detect when the user starts to modify a field of a dialog?

Seb

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:03:41 pm »

Hi Seb,

Environment is Windows - GDC 2.20.10.  Just tested with GDC 2.21 and it's working ok.

I am using the dialogtouched ACTION - it's a very useful addition.  I did try to capture the fieldbuffer there too but it would not pick up the change.  Only double click or Enter from the dateedit would worl.. Anyhow - looks like the new GDC has fixed this.

Thanks for the advice.

Darren
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: