Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: TAB / SHIFT-TAB question  (Read 7731 times)
Snorri B.

« on: August 26, 2010, 06:00:32 pm »

Hi.

I have a simple master - detail program, basically a DIALOG with one INPUT and one INPUT ARRAY statement. If I <TAB> my way through all the fields in the INPUT statement I go to the first line, first field of the INPUT ARRAY statement. There I press <SHIFT><TAB> but that does not take me to the last field of the INPUT statement. Would this be considered normal?

Best regs,
-Snorri
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:10 am »

Hello Snorri,

Yes, when you are in the INPUT ARRAY sub-dialog of DIALOG, TAB/SHIFT-TAB loops in the INPUT ARRAY row.

You must hit CONTROL-TAB or CONTROL-SHIFT-TAB to leave the INPUT ARRAY:

https://4js.com/techdocs/genero/fgl/devel/DocRoot/User/MultipleDialogs.html#tabbing-order

Seb
Snorri B.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:40:17 am »

Hi Seb,

I really don't see the logic. If you are in the INPUT ARRAY shift-tab moves you backwards within the array until you are in the first field in the first line. Then it does nothing. It seems to be inconsistent behavior. One could ask: If TAB always works as expected why not shift-tab?

Btw: In the docs it says:

If the user presses tab (or shift-tab), the focus will go to the next (or previous) element that is visible and activated.
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:01:32 am »

Actually the idea when using TAB/SHIFT-TAB in INPUT ARRAY sub-dialog is to keep the same behavior as in a singular INPUT ARRAY.

For example, when you are on the last field of the last row in an INPUT ARRAY sub-dialog, TAB creates a new row by default (when AUTO APPEND = FALSE is not used).

This is why we have decided to use CONTROL-TAB or CONTROL-SHIFT-TAB to leave the INPUT ARRAY sub-dialog...

I will try to clarify the documentation.as

Seb
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: