Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Extra space in table  (Read 14559 times)
Anderson P.

« on: March 25, 2014, 01:31:33 pm »

When i'm drawing a table at Genero form designer i can't reduce its width to fit the columns width, there is always a persistent blank space at the right side of the table. I have seen that the more columns my table has, larger is the space.

This causes the last column to be unnecessarily large and makes harder to position the other screen elements, since the table is larger than necessary.

I know i can apply the style name="resizeFillsEmptySpace" value="no" at the table to maintain the column width, but there will still be an unnecessary empty space at the table.

So what is this space and there is a way of removing it?

* example.JPG (77.41 KB, 1158x377 - viewed 2237 times.)
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:01:40 am »

The minimum size of the blank space in the Form Designer is equal to the number of columns + 1.  This is because in a .per a table is defined using syntax like
[f01   |f02    |f03    ]
and if you count the instances of [|] characters you will see that there are "number of columns + 1".  In the GUI rendering in the form designer, the column boundaries are taking 1 pixel and not 1 cell.  Ideally the Studio developers in the Form Designer would render a table more WYSIWYG.

Also in case you don't know, when a 4fd is compiled the first step is to create a .per, and then the normal .per form compilation process occurs to create the .42f  (there is a command line argument for gsform which enables you to see this intermediate .per if you are interested)

Just because in the form the table is designed that wide, that does not mean the table has to be that wide when first rendered.  The width attribute can be used to control the initial size of the table.

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Anderson P.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

So this is a peculiarity of the *.per structure... Thanks for the explanation
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: