Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Checkboxes not displaying in a table.  (Read 9917 times)
Ben R.

« on: March 31, 2014, 06:08:19 pm »

I have a particular application that populates several fields in a table with checkboxes. For some reason the checkbox columns show completely blank when a record is read into the application. It's not until I go into Update mode that the boxes populate.

Here is the attributes line in the per file for one of them:

checkbox G  = sp_delvry.dlv_internal, valuechecked="I", valueunchecked="E",
     comments = "Check the box if this is an internal delivery";

Here is when I pull up the record:

Here is when I enter update mode:

If I enter update mode and then exit, the checkboxes stay on the screen as I would have expected them to do from the beginning.

Any thoughts on this?
Bernard M.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:09:01 pm »

Hi Ben,

How do you read records? Is this first step a DISPLAY ARRAY? Is there a chance we could get a sample reproducing the issue?

Also, what are your FGL and GDC versions?

Regards,
Bernard
Ben R.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:37:18 pm »

The command used to read the record into display is this:

display p_cusmas.* to s_delvry.*

We're using GDC and FGL 2.11, but I tested with the same result in GDC 2.50. As a test due to you not immediately recognizing the problem I tried creating a vanilla test program and it worked fine there. Looks like the issue is somewhere in Fitrix's code generation. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that--any ideas? If not I'll try to hunt it down on my end.
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 12:24:10 am »

I suspect this is a longstanding issue BZ6605 https://4js.com/en/support/issue/?id=6605

Not given great importance due to using DISPLAY to display individual rows of a table which as a technique does not cater for table resizing.  (consider what happens if the user resizes the window so that more rows are visible).  (although if someone was affected by this and they used WANTFIXEDPAGESIZE, they'd have a better argument for getting this fixed)

I'd suggest asking your support contact for the 6605 test case to verify that it is this issue.

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero
Bernard M.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:17:30 am »

The command used to read the record into display is this:

display p_cusmas.* to s_delvry.*

We strongly recommend to use a DISPLAY ARRAY, or use DIALOG, if you want to display values to a list. In this case you won't get the described problem.

Also, there is no plan to fix #6605 because of the above comment. Using DISPLAY ARRAY solves the issue anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: