Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Configuring sigint  (Read 26712 times)
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 10:20:56 am »

Stephen,

Good to read that you are happy with the Genero behavior ;-)

We want to make migration from I4GL/BDS to Genero as easy as possible. However, we tend to avoid adding FGLPROFILE settings when it's not absolutely needed, because it makes the product more and more complex to use and test (imagine the combinations).

If you can manage to review the legacy code and use DEFER INTERRUPT/QUIT and INT_FLAG it's the best solution IMHO. I guess you don't want to have programs with different ergonomics. Make then all consistent.

Cheers!
Seb

Stephen T.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 11:41:27 am »

Seb,
The programs aren't all coded the same way anyway - some do have DEFER and some don't. It just sods law that the section that I'm looking at at the moment do not use DEFER. I agree, that given there's no off the shelf 'quick fix' to get the same functionality, the best way forward is to put in the DEFERs.

Stephen T.

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:46 pm »

Seb,
Sorry to be a pain. The 'other' migration issues that have been found - as I say there are only a couple or so, and they aren't 'Genero' issues per se- so not really support type problems, just issues between BDS-Genero, that someone else may find handy to know before a migration. Do you want me still to send them to support for proving/forwarding on or do you want me to send them across off list?

Steve
Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 09:24:38 am »

Hey Stephen no prob...

Our job is to help you to write your applications as easily as possible, with minimal migration efforts.
You have business logic to implement.
However, we want to keep the product simple, or make it even simpler.

Regarding the channel to report an issue:

Use the support channel if you face a bug or missing feature that can be clearly identified, and does not need a debate.

For other things / general discussions, this forum is the right place, so you can share issues to get help from other Genero users and from FourJs people, including implementers / designers.

Just create one thread / email per topic so we can easily follow up.

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: