Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Interrupt handling  (Read 15923 times)

« on: February 28, 2008, 08:44:18 am »

Hi,

Is it possible to have an interrupt action view on a toolbar. The example in the manual defines the interrupt action view button on the .per file.

I have defined an interrupt button on the form.per file and it works fine, but  defining a child item as interrupt on a tooldoesnt automatically make it active. Is there a way of doing this ? as it looks nice to have the interrupt button on the toolbar.

Thanks
Bothwell
South Africa
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:09:11 am »

This is expected to work.

I tested with $FGLDIR/demo/GuiMisc Interrupt demo, adding:

Code
  1. TOOLBAR
  2. ITEM interrupt
  3. END

in the .per, and it works.

I'll suggest to post a test case if it does not work on your side.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 09:47:25 am »

sorry, Should have mentioned that I am creating my toolbar dynamically in the 4gl using createToolBarItem syntax
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:01:27 am »

This should not be different: from a front end point of view, there is no difference from a toolbar create with loadtoolbar, in the .per or manually.

A possible issue - without seeing your code this is only try and guess - : the name of your item is not correct.
It should be "interrupt", lowercase, without trailing space (which can happen if you're using VARCHAR variable).

BTW: which versions /platform are you using (DVM / GDC) ?

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:22:54 am »

I am using GDC 2.02.08  for windows.

Am I correct to say if an item is created as interrupt it doesnt need an on action ?
Four Js

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 02:20:03 pm »

You don't need to create your own interrupt action (ON ACTION interrupt) - BTW this would bypass the default behavior.

GDC creates its own LocalAction (as well as editCut, editCopy...) name interrupt (looking into actionDefaults for the decoration and key accelerators).
If any action view (button, toolbar item...) has the same name, i.e. interrupt, it will be bound to this localaction.

The localaction is activated when the runtime system is buzy (i.e. either when it sends a message "I'm busy", or when it does not answer for half a second).

If the form button is working correclty but non the toolbar button, this means that:
- the internal interrupt mechanism is working
- the toolbar item may not be correctly attached to "interrupt" action.

The best would be to send a test case, either on this forum, or directly to your support center.

Sebastien F.
Four Js

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:33 am »

Here is the doc link about interruption handling in Genero:

https://4js.com/techdocs/genero/fgl/devel/DocRoot/User/InteractionModel.html#INTERRUPTION

I you have a bit time I would recommend you the read the whole page.

Regards,
Seb

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 08:42:16 am »

Thanks for the link, I will see if I can get it working or I will have to post a test case.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: