Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fedora Redhat  (Read 8655 times)
Paul S.

« on: August 05, 2010, 05:30:58 pm »

Has anyone tried Genero on Fedora , if so

1. What database are you using
2. What Version of Fedora
3. What version of Genero.

I know it is not listed as a supported OS, but I need to look at changing from my old Redhat Enterprise 3 system for Genero 2.3X as it needs glib 2.4.

Or if any uses a different version of Linux.

Thanks
Paul
Stephen T.

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

Paul,
The main server here is a RHEL5 box, but I also run a laptop with FC12. I have had various FC versions working ok from FC4 - FC6 - FC9 - FC12 ( we only had FC originally when the the only restriction was the gcc and glibc versions)

The DB I use has been primarily PostgreSQL 8.4 on FC, although a copy of Informix 9.4 was runnable with some tweaks - all against Genero 2.11.x at the moment. The issues that I get (or have had so far) have been the same under RHEL as FC - but that could obviously just be luck and I haven't hit an area that causes a difference! So:

1. PostgreSQL 8.4 (Informix 9.4??)
2. FC12
3. Genero 2.11.x
Paul S.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:10:49 pm »

Thanks Steve,

what do you plan (if anything) about upgrading to 2.3X (if you ever do) , or does RHEL 5 include the right version of glib?

Paul
Stephen T.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »

Paul,
To be perfectly honest, I haven't looked at 2.2 or above yet, so haven't even looked at the compatibility lists to know what is supposed to work with what.

Scott N.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:33:42 pm »

If you are currently on Redhat Enterprise Server and would like to stay with Redhat but not have the cost involved with it your other option is to upgrade to CentOS (http://www.centos.org/). CentOS tracks Redhat Enterprise Server minus all the Redhat branding so if something is certified to run on Redhat Enterprise Server it will run on CentOS.

--
Regards
Scott Newton
Andrew C.

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 08:13:45 am »

It's all fine. The RedHat stream works without issue for Genero and Informix. Just just need to download the more modern-sounding 4JS version. We've being doing it for many years on several flavours of RedHat and also SuSE, 32 and 64 bit.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: