Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Setting the GDC Options via the GDC API  (Read 9835 times)
Glen B.

« on: May 21, 2010, 02:47:35 am »

Is it possible to set the GDC options using the GDCAX API?  We deploy the GDCAX hidden on the browser window and would like to control the Report settings from our application.  It is possible to switch 'admin' mode on or off via the 'setAdmin(<mode>)' javascript call, however there does not appear to be any javascript call to change any of the options made available once in admin mode. 

Prior to Genero 2.xx the default behaviour when using the print to 'Windows Local Printer', i.e. DBPRINT=FGLSERVER, was for the print dialog and font dialog to be presented for every report.  In Genero 2.xx the default behaviour is to send the report straight to the default Windows printer and no dialogs are displayed. We would like the ability to control this behaviour on a per user basis.  We are aware that a config.xml can be used to change the default behaviour by deploying a custom config.xml to the client desktop but this is clumsy and inflexible.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:59:30 pm »

A late answer is better than no answer at all, but sorry for the delay :(

I would suggest to look at the coming (soon) 2.30:

https://4js.com/techdocs/genero/gdc/devel/DocRoot/User/NewFeatures230.html#230Report

you can configure this directly in your application.

Nevertheless, I would underline that printing via GDC is very limited and the report writer is there to produce much better reports than GDC would do.

Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: