Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Printing text entered by TEXTEDIT with style attribute TextFormat = "html"  (Read 6165 times)
Candy M.

« on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:57 pm »

We are experimenting with the textFormat attribute with value "html".

In our application, we are pasting e-mails from customers which will be in rich text.

The issue we have is that now everything looks great on the screen,
but when we print it out using START REPORT/REPORT, it prints the
html tags.

Is there a solution in 4js to translate the html so we can print it?

Thank you,
Candy McCall
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:47:07 pm »

If I understand, you would like to get only the plain text from the textedit, right ?

It's unfortunately impossible today - the request when building html (and richtext) was exactly the opposite: get html format on 4GL side so you can store it in the database and reuse it later.

I would suggest:
- contact your support center so they will register the feature request (Thinking loud I'm not sure what could be the best solution, should this be a new style attribute - we would have one field having two values, which is not usual in 4GL...)
- give a try to the report writer

I'm not the right person to help you with report writer, but when we introduced richtext we had some discussions with the report writer team about how to support in the report the same format as the one supported by textedits, and it's likely to already work in the current version. If this is the case you may then produce rich text reports.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: