Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rendering error I cannot find  (Read 12511 times)
Andrew C.

« on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:41 am »

Hi Folks,

I have installed the latest 2.10.01 released versions of FGL and GWC on my laptop and another server with great success. However when I install it on a 3rd server which is doing development, I am getting an "Errors" grid box, with the following, and several very similar ones, all mentioning the _default style:

Rendering error...
  Template snippet: Folder, style '_default', line 23
    Source location: ../lib-fjs-uids2/src/CurrentObjects.cpp, line 3559
    Access expression: o.Parent()

As far as I know, I have slavishly followed the same installation and setup procedure on the 3rd box. So what have I missed? Can I get at least a clue if not an outright explanation of what this error message is trying to tell me so I can fix it?

When the program renders with this error, by the way, it ends up with the "LOADING" Ajax spinner coming to the fore, and the browser page is permanently stalled with this spinner. I expect this will stop when I can stop the error.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:33:04 am »

Hi Andrew,

Could you precise the OS of the different environment where you installed the products ?
Please precise where the problem occurs and the exact FGL and GWC version you installed.

If you did some modifications on snippet files or configuration files, please send them to me.

We should see an explanation of your problem in the gasd logfiles.
So please modify your as.xcf file thus to get more accurate information:

<LOG>
  <OUTPUT Type="DAILYFILE"/>
  <FORMAT Type="TEXT"/>
  <CATEGORIES_FILTER>GAS PROCESS HTTP VM SOCKET TASK TIMER WA CONFIGURATION TEMPLATE</CATEGORIES_FILTER>
</LOG>

Then restart the gasd. Duplicate the error and send me the gasd new logfiles.

Thanks in advance
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:41:03 am »

Andrew,

Please change the logfile format to XML (instead of TEXT as I wrote in the latest post).

<LOG>
      <OUTPUT Type="DAILYFILE"/>
      <FORMAT Type="XML"/>
      <CATEGORIES_FILTER>GAS PROCESS HTTP VM SOCKET TASK TIMER WA CONFIGURATION TEMPLATE</CATEGORIES_FILTER>
</LOG>

The gasd logfile information will be easier to be read.

Thank you,
Andrew C.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 06:09:15 am »

sorry for the delay, I've been tearing my hear out on other things...

I've completely reinstalled the two machines with an identical procedure, and still the difference. I can't see any environment differences.

Machine one (my laptop) is SuSE 10.2

Machine two (devel server) is White Box Enterprise Linux release 4 (manifestdestiny); maybe you know more about it, all I know is that it's a RedHat Enterprise clone that's bundled up for unsupported use ie as an alternative to paying for a RedHat Enterprise licence. I don't know exactly which RedHat this thing is the equivalent of.

Both machines have:

Apache 2.2.something
  FGL is 2.10.01 build 1138 for lnxlc23
  GWC is 2.10.06 build 200 for lnxlc23
  GWS added into FGL is 2.10.01 build 568 for lnxlc23

I am emailing the logfile directly to you since it's about 700k for a single attempted startup.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 10:30:30 am »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the logfiles you sent.

We've been able to identify the problem. It seems that when rendering a page containing a folder and without any focused element, the gasd sends a rendering error.

This problem has been registered in our database as #9413 (Error "GWC: Invalid AUITree element access." when rendering a page with folder and without any focused element).

This problem is already fixed in our dev version and the next GWC 2.10 release will contain the fix.

How urgent is this problem fix ?

In order to dig a little more the problem you sent, could you please send the 4GL code program (or just the program part) which is doing a "ui.refresh" in a BEFORE DIALOG or BEFORE MENU section ?

Thanks in advance

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: