Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: GDC on Ubuntu 9.10  (Read 9985 times)
Asnidzal M.

« on: November 17, 2009, 07:37:08 am »

Hello,
  I try to download and install Genero 2.20 on Ubuntu 9.10, but it cannot run or open the gdc, before i upgraded to Genero 2.20 Server, i can open my genero application on Ubuntu (GDC 2.11 and Genero Server 2.11 ). There is no error at gdc 2.20 installation on ubuntu (all ....[ok] ) but when i try to run the gdc (./gdc), it come out with this error

xxx@yyy:~/gdc/bin$ ./gdc
./gdc: error while loading shared libraries: libQtTest.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but in directory ...gdc/bin/    all the lib files are at the same directory with gdc

xxx@yyy:~/gdc/bin$ ls
codecs  imageformats    libQtNetwork.so.4  libQtWebKit.so.4
fgltty  libQtCore.so.4  libQtSvg.so.4      libQtXml.so.4
gdc     libQtGui.so.4   libQtTest.so.4

Is it this new GDC 2.20 compatible for Redhat and Suse only ? or may be someone can help me ..?
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 08:03:11 am »

Hello,

- this is more a support issue, so for this kind of problem I would recommend you to contact directly your support center -

Some hints:
- are your using a 32bits or 64bits Linux ? GDC is today only 32bits, so you either need a 32b linux, or you need to have 32b compat libraries installed. - We plan to release new comming 2.21 in 32b or in 64b to solve this issue.
- to follow Qt rules, we now provide Qt as share library ; this means you need to either have all Qt libraries installed in your system (including QTest), or to use the one we provides - and then have LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing to gdc/bin.
- in 2.21, we will not suggest to use system Qt, as we're never sure about how they have been installed. gdc/bin/gdc will be a script setting the right environment and calling the real executable. Up to you to change the script if you really need to use your own libs.

So to sum up, if you're running a 32b machine (or 64 with 32b compat libs), check if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is correctly set ; if this does not solve the issue, contact your support center with all information (uname -a ; ldd gdc/bin/gdc  ...)

Regards,
Pierre-Nicolas
Asnidzal M.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:21 am »

Thank you for your hints ... it's working now ...i can run my genero application on ubuntu ... just put the LD_PATH_LIBRARY setting inside .bashrc file on Ubuntu... thanks...
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: