Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: auto graphic sizing  (Read 10137 times)
Joseph M.

« on: July 10, 2009, 06:58:44 pm »

Hello,

In my reports I have a graphic on the top of the report that is a logo for different customers. These graphic images are of varying sizes. Some are long and short, others are square. Is there a way to dynamically size the image box to adjust for the different size of these images? Also is there a way to limit the size to a minimum & maximum along with the dynamic sizing? If I choose to limit the size is there a way to proportionately set the size to prevent distortion of the image?

Thanks

Joe Miller
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:02:45 pm »

The preferred way to use images, is to set "intendedResolution". If for example the report should produce it's best output on a 300 DPI device, then set intendedResolution to 300. In this case, an image that is 300 pixels wide will be shown as one inch wide. If however you whish to limit the size of an image by some distance value, then you can do this by setting either x-size or y-size to a fixed value. In either case the image is either enlarged or shrunk to fit the given value while the aspect ratio is preserved (the image will not be distorted). If you specify both x-size and y-size then the image will appear distorted if the pixel size ratio differs from the specified distance ratio.
Kind Regards,
Alex Geller
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: