Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Client Time Out and Out of Sequence  (Read 12226 times)

« on: December 08, 2008, 06:51:43 pm »

We have been running our Genero applications in production for 3 months. We are having problems with Client Time Out and Out of Sequence messages.

We are running BDL 1.33.1g, AS 1.32.1c and ActiveX 1.33.1w. We are using Microsoft Internet Explorer and a Linux server with Informix SE.

Some of our users are running our application from PCS using IE and others are going thru a Terminal Server using remote access.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Jean
Senior Programmer
Active Day
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:20:39 pm »

Best option would be to contact your local support center and they'll want to see logs from AS.   Also try and narrow down what the users are doing that leads to the messages occuring.  The best thing with any problem is being able to reproduce it at will. 

I'll mention an issue we had locally a while ago because the version numbers are similar and you haven't mentioned the use of a web server and maybe are connecting to the AS directly.  Does the problem occur when the user spends more than 15 seconds in the windows printer selection dialog box?

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:39:09 pm »

I am working with the support center, but so far they are not able to determine the problem from the log files.  I thought I would see if anyone had or is having a similar problem and what they have found to fix it.

We are using Apache web service and not connecting directly. We do have a printer selection window, but the problem is occurring when they are in an application that requires they key data.

Thanks,
Jean
Laurent G.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:34 pm »

Just a quick update on that case. We are still working diligently with the customer to duplicate the problem and generate some useful logs using GASD 2.11. I will send a post as soon as we'll have further info.
Laurent G.
Four Js

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:14:48 pm »

Further update on this case. With the 4 remote users that were having trouble, we've setup a separate GASD 2.11 with GDCAX latest 1.33 plugin and the problem hasn't shown back yet.

I'm giving it some more days to make sure everything is good.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: