Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scroll bar bug!!! Need work around for Genero bug PLEASE Help!  (Read 9886 times)

« on: August 15, 2008, 07:17:30 pm »

We are 21 hours away from upgrading our informix and Genero and we hit a show stopper.

Genero 2.11 has a bug that refuses to display a window scroll bar when a window exceeds the size of the users display. This worked in Genero 1.33.

I need a work around since a fix will not be available until the next release of Genero (2009??)
Does anyone have any idea that can help? I have the USA support group looking at it. All they know right now is that the bug exists.

I can not just re-write the form because the  form must match some paper work for legal reasons. Only one program has this problem (our customer contract).

Any thoughts comments or suggestions are very welcome!

Many Many Thanks,,,
Tim
413-442-9000 x6211
Laurent G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 07:26:58 pm »

Tim,

Four J's release a maintenance release GDC 2.11.05 this week. Lily is testing right now if this fixes this problem. She will keep you posted.

Laurent
Reuben B.
Four Js

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:05:34 am »

Tim,

What I think you need is a window style attribute with formScroll=1.

Look through the forum archive from 2007 and search for formScroll, you'll see an explanation from the Genero developers of why the scrollbars are no longer automatic.  As I understand it that attribute allows you to maintain 1.33 behaviour. 

Hope that helps,

Reuben

Product Consultant (Asia Pacific)
Developer Relations Manager (Worldwide)
Author of https://4js.com/ask-reuben
Contributor to https://github.com/FourjsGenero

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:46:47 pm »

Thanks Reuben! There was nothing in the Genero BDL or GDC manual so I was kinda lost.
,,,Tim
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: