Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sheet Titles and New Sheets in Excel  (Read 10858 times)
Jeff M.

« on: October 15, 2018, 10:42:50 am »

Hi All,

I was just wondering if it's possible to do 2 things:

1. Firstly throw a page break to ensure a new sheet is opened. I'm aware that I would have to have the length of each sheet long enough to ensure everything I want on one page will fit and that merge pages will have to be set to no.
2. Secondly, can the sheets be named somehow withing the Genero Report Writer? I assume I'll have to open the created sheet in background and rename these but thought I'd ask.

Thank you.

Jeff
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 11:11:13 am »

Hi Jeff,

You are right on both topics.

I double checked regarding the sheet title and it will generate the text "Continued from sheet %d" or "Sheet %d" depending on whether it is a spillover (XLS format only) or a sheet for a page.
I am thinking that we could add a rendering hint that makes the Excel output take the page root name as sheet name.
We have a similar option for naming the images files in the case of image output. Would that help?

Best regards,

A. Geller
Jeff M.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 11:30:26 am »

Hi Alex,

I'm very sorry that I just saw the reply.

The problem with taking the page root name is that it would be the same for each page in a report wouldn't it?

I'm thinking along the lines of perhaps a new page per month of financial information, eg: April 2018, May 2018, June 2018.
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:32:47 pm »

Hi Jeff,
no worries about the late reply.

>The problem with taking the page root name is that it would be the same for each page in a report wouldn't it?

Yes and no. No, because a report can have any number of page roots so you could have different names for each one of them.
And yes because you can't set the name property with a RTL expression so that you could not have a dynamic amount of them.
If you could set the name as an expression, then you could place the page root in a trigger (e.g. one that repeats for every month to pick up on your example) and have a differently named page root per month.

There are two feature requests registered for this (GRE-520: "Define a name for the different sheets in an Excel report" and GRE-354: "Get a way to decide when to produce a new sheet when running an XLS/XLSX report").
I propose to add you to the list of requesters for these.
I am afraid that I have no better answer at the moment.

Best regards,

Alex    
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:45:15 am »
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: