Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Images Within HTML Box  (Read 11292 times)
Gary C.

« on: July 30, 2018, 01:24:57 pm »

Hi

We are looking to use the new version of the web component based text editor which allows the user to embed images within the resulting html text.

For our PDF reports that consume this data, the image is not printing and the output shows a broken or missing image icon. The reports use a HTML Box as the container and its content is set using via RTL, i.e.

Code:
htmltext.trim().length()>0?"data:text/html,"+htmltext.urlEncode():""

I can see that the raw data has the image embedded in it and it renders correctly within a TEXTEDIT field on the form.

Is this to be expected?

Thanks

Gary
Alex G.
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:46:36 pm »

Hi Gary,

I am sorry that this post has gone unanswered for so long (I am clueless how it slipped under the radar).
I think that you might be experiencing bug GRE-692: "Cannot use images in HTMLBOX" which is fixed in 3.20.
If it is critical to you I can see to it being back ported.
Version 3.20 also offers a new element called RICHTEXTBOX which is designed to work with input from the "fglrichtext" web component.
Besides rendering the input more accurately it also is a propagating box so that rich text can span multiple pages.
Best regards,

Alex
Gary C.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:35 pm »

Hi Alex

No need to apologise. I contacted our support center who confirmed that bug GRE-692 is the culprit.

We need to upgrade so this fix adds weight to us doing so!

Thanks

Gary
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: