Subscribe for automatic updates: RSS icon RSS

Login icon Sign in for full access | Help icon Help
Advanced search

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Responsive Web Applications  (Read 7396 times)
Enrico S.

« on: February 15, 2017, 12:37:44 pm »

Hi All.
I'm testing the new GWC-JS client.
It give a nice rendering and it offer a lot of customizations, but it seems that is not easy to make the applications responsive.
Need-us some trick ?

Just for example, imagine to have one parent HBOX with three child HBOXes at the same level.
I'd like the three child HBOXes be rendered horizontally or stacked depending on the horizontal size of the browser window (or tablet orientation).

... something of similar to ...
<style>
.myHbox {
   float: left;
   margin: 10px;
   max-width: 300px;
   height: 200px;
}   
</style>

<div class="myHbox">
</div>

... or an attribute like "responsive" as property of the HBOX widget.
... or something-else of similar.

Best regards.
Enrico
Four Js

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:19:01 pm »

Hi Enrico,

Attached is a little sample and a customization which should help you. I let you try it and let me know whether or not it corresponds to your need.
See a video of the result you should get with it: https://www.screencast.com/t/iPoLSRtn . I tested with latest GBC 1.00.30 version.

If you are new to GBC customization, I invite you to follow our documentation. Here is the entry point http://4js.com/online_documentation/fjs-gas-manual-html/#c_gwc_js_cust_intro.html .

Regards,
Guney

* cssLayout.zip (8.22 KB - downloaded 972 times.)
Enrico S.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:31 pm »

Hi, Guney.
You have focused perfectly my question.
Before posting my message I have made several customizations as per documentation with only partial results.
Taking a look to your customization sample, it seems to be not so easy to do without a good knowledge of the matter, but it is anyway a very good starting point.
Thanks a lot.
Enrico.
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: